Learning to Cook

I have always been surrounded by wonderful cooks and bakers. While this has been delightful for my taste buds, I always wondered if I would ever be able to cook like them. When I lived in Brazil, I was forced to learn how to cook because the ingredients at my disposal were so different. The experience was, at first, frustrating. But, once I began to experiment, the world of cooking opened up to me. My recipe box is now brimming, and I thought others might be interested in trying some of the recipes I have found. I haven’t tried them all yet, but I plan to in the future! I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to add your own suggestions/comments.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Scampi Gratin with Arugula Salad

Scampi Gratin:

24 frozen extra-large easy-peel deveined shrimp, shells intact, thawed
4 slice(s) white bread, crusts torn into pieces
1/4 cup(s) marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained, minced
1/4 cup(s) finely chopped fresh basil
6 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon(s) capers, drained, chopped
1 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
Lemon wedges
More Pantry Staples
Arugula Salad:

8 cup(s) baby arugula
1 1/2 cup(s) jarred roasted red and yellow bell pepper strips
2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Nutritional Information
(per serving) Recipe serves 4

Calories 288
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat --
Cholesterol --
Sodium --
Total Carbohydrate 23g
Dietary Fiber --
Sugars --
Protein 8g
Calcium --

From: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/scampi-gratin-arugula-salad-rbk

No comments: