Learning to Cook

I have always been surrounded by wonderful cooks and bakers. While this has been delightful for my taste buds, I always wondered if I would ever be able to cook like them. When I lived in Brazil, I was forced to learn how to cook because the ingredients at my disposal were so different. The experience was, at first, frustrating. But, once I began to experiment, the world of cooking opened up to me. My recipe box is now brimming, and I thought others might be interested in trying some of the recipes I have found. I haven’t tried them all yet, but I plan to in the future! I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to add your own suggestions/comments.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Moroccan Chicken

"Spices, spices, spices! This recipe is thick with 'em, and your taste buds will be thick with pleasure from Moroccan Chicken. This exotic tasting dish is a definite crowd pleaser!"
40 min 10 min prep

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
2 teaspoons salt
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced fresh
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1 cup canned chick-peas, drained
1 zucchini, sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice

1. Season chicken with salt
2. Brown in a large saucepan over medium heat until almost cooked through.
3. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
4. Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in same pan.
5. When tender, stir in ginger, paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and turmeric.
6. Stir fry for about 1 minute.
7. Mix in broth and tomatoes.
8. Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
9. Add chickpeas and zucchini to pan and bring to simmering once again.
10. Cover pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked through and tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.

From: http://www.recipezaar.com/233574

No comments: