Learning to Cook

I have always been surrounded by wonderful cooks and bakers. While this has been delightful for my taste buds, I always wondered if I would ever be able to cook like them. When I lived in Brazil, I was forced to learn how to cook because the ingredients at my disposal were so different. The experience was, at first, frustrating. But, once I began to experiment, the world of cooking opened up to me. My recipe box is now brimming, and I thought others might be interested in trying some of the recipes I have found. I haven’t tried them all yet, but I plan to in the future! I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to add your own suggestions/comments.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pumpernickel Bread Dip


1 cup mayo
2 cups sour cream
1 envelope vegetable soup mix
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
1 1/2 packages of frozen spinach (drained and chopped)
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
2 loaves pumpernickel bread

1. Mix mayo, sour cream, and soup mix.

2. Stir in water chestnuts, onions and red peppers.

3. Squeeze extra water out of spinach (note: since the recipe calls for 1 1/2 packages of frozen spinach, cut through the second package while still frozen with a serrated knife, so you can put it back in the freezer to save for something else). Stir spinach into mixture.

4. Cut the top off one loaf of bread, and slice down around the edge (almost to the bottom) scoop out the middle to form a big bowl. Place the dip in the bowl and cut the remaining bread into cubes for dipping.

From: http://janetishungry.blogspot.com/search/label/Appetizers

No comments: