Learning to Cook

I have always been surrounded by wonderful cooks and bakers. While this has been delightful for my taste buds, I always wondered if I would ever be able to cook like them. When I lived in Brazil, I was forced to learn how to cook because the ingredients at my disposal were so different. The experience was, at first, frustrating. But, once I began to experiment, the world of cooking opened up to me. My recipe box is now brimming, and I thought others might be interested in trying some of the recipes I have found. I haven’t tried them all yet, but I plan to in the future! I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to add your own suggestions/comments.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Filet Mignon with Rosemary and Port Reduction


4 beef tenderloin steaks
2 cloves garlic, halved
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Port
1/2 cup beef broth
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp butter

1. Rub cut garlic over both sides of steaks and season with salt and pepper.

2. Grill steak over direct heat until desired doneness.

3. While steak is grilling, bring Port, broth and rosemary to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil until reduced to about 1/3 cup. (You can make the sauce ahead and reheat it just before the steaks are ready).

4. Stir butter into sauce and serve over steaks.

From: http://janetishungry.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

No comments: