Learning to Cook

I have always been surrounded by wonderful cooks and bakers. While this has been delightful for my taste buds, I always wondered if I would ever be able to cook like them. When I lived in Brazil, I was forced to learn how to cook because the ingredients at my disposal were so different. The experience was, at first, frustrating. But, once I began to experiment, the world of cooking opened up to me. My recipe box is now brimming, and I thought others might be interested in trying some of the recipes I have found. I haven’t tried them all yet, but I plan to in the future! I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to add your own suggestions/comments.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette

Yield: 1 3/4 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)

Ingredients
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 2 ounces)
2 cups boiling water
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup no-salt-added tomato juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, peeled

Preparation
Combine sun-dried tomatoes and 2 cups boiling water in a bowl; let stand 20 minutes. Drain.
Place sun-dried tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, and next 7 ingredients (3/4 cup water through garlic) in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.

No comments: